Bellingham Underwriters is always receptive to developing valuable partnerships with new retail agencies who specialize in the commercial transportation, logging, and ambulance industries. We are not an open brokerage facility and we only work with our appointed producers. We prefer any agency that is interested in an appointment to have an established book of commercial transportation, logging or ambulance business.
Bellingham Underwriters values agencies that are committed to long term growth and profitability.
Eligibility will be partially based on meeting the minimum parameters below:
- Must be a retail agency – we do not appoint wholesalers
- Agencies must have a minimum 2 years in business writing commercial trucking, logging, ambulance risks.
- Exception for Start-ups: Agency must demonstrate an expertise in commercial trucking (e.g., they are spinning off from another trucking agency we are familiar with)
- Preferred: Agencies with a minimum $2m Trucking specific premium in California and $1m outside of California (does not apply to Ambulance or Logging Program)
- Agencies that can commit to meeting a projected minimum premium within our program appetite in order to keep their appointment.
- We prefer agencies that have agents/producers with profitable books of business and a high level of knowledge within our target markets.
- Agencies committed to submitting a minimum of 3 accounts per month within our appetite. *We do not write long haul
- Agencies that have an eagerness to build strong lasting relationships with our team of underwriters.
Factors that can hurt your chance of an appointment:
- Agencies new to writing trucking.
- Agencies looking for a market for all their new ventures.
- Agencies in a territory where we are already oversaturated.
- Agencies that have poor loss ratios.
- Agencies with accounts that do not fit our appetite and/or territories.
- Agencies with appointed markets we can’t compete against.
- Agency looking to BOR an account (s) we currently write (BOR’s will not be accepted within the first six months of an appointment).
We ask that agencies carefully review our website prior to submitting the new agency appointment request to get a better understanding of our book of business and what we write.
If you reviewed the above criteria and our appetite on our website, please fill out the agency appointment request below and one of our team members will contact you.
Non fleet *– Updated Dec 2020
Fleet Application* Updated Jan 2022
Acord Supplemental * – Updated Dec 2020
New Venture Application *– Updated March 2020
Renewal Auto Application * – Updated Jan. 2021
Haz Mat Supplemental * – Updated Oct 2018
Hired Non Owned *– Updated March 2018
Specialty Auto App * – Updated Oct 2018
Truckers GL Supplemental *– Updated June 2018
Loggers Supplemental – Updated Oct 2019
Loggers GL Renewal – Updated Oct 2019
Blasting Supplemental – Updated Feb. 2018
Slash Burn Supplemental – Updated March 2018
LLOYD’S AUTO PHYSICAL DAMAGE/MOTOR TRUCK CARGO
Non fleet – Updated Dec 2020
Fleet Application Updated Jan 2021
Acord Supplemental – Updated Oct 2019
New Venture Application – Updated March 2018
Renewal Auto Application – Updated Jan 2021
Haz Mat Supplemental – Updated Feb 2018
Garage Liability Supplemental * – Updated Nov. 2020
Commercial Trucking Excess Flyer– updated September 2022
Lloyds Auto Physical Damage and Motor Truck Flyer– updated June 2020
Auto Physical Damage and Motor Truck Cargo Program Overview– added May 2020
Ambulance Flyer– updated Nov 2022
Garage Flyer – updated Jan 2022
BOR’S: Broker of Record Guidelines – updated Jan 2022